MJM Office Administrator
Status: Hourly, 30-40 hours per week
$15.00 to $20.00 per hour based on experience
Reports to: Executive Director / Director of Operations
The Office Administrator will provide administrative and operational support to the MJM Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer MJM Facility
- Manage office resources and supplies
- Maintain environments of excellence and hospitality, establishing clear guidelines for staff, volunteers and MJM families
- Manage facility reservations & calendars
- Monitor IT and office equipment
- Monitor MJM Information and Personal email accounts, phone calls as the first point of contact
- Perform everyday task such as fillings, copying and mailings (including labels and mass mailings)
- Develop and manage MJM calendar of holidays, events and meetings
- Manage vendor contracts and relationship (Phone, Marketing, Printing, IT, Software, Website, Zoom and others)
- Manage all donor and participant contact information in Salesforce and other spreadsheets
- Routinely manage Google Drive to ensure it is organized and up-to-date.
- Oversee donor acknowledgement by utilizing volunteers..
Provide bookkeeping management support
- Serve as MJM point of contact with financial service provider
- Record, receipt & process donations, program fees and any other financial sales
- Track and code monthly expenses.
- Work with financial provider to handle accounts payable.
- Support Program Team with workshop registration / small groups / seminar
- Print name tags and meeting materials
- Support Program Director as needed.
Assist Board Chair and ED with board engagement & communication
- Maintain strong and proactive communication with ED, DOO and Board Chair
- Schedule/communicate board meetings and prepare meeting materials
- Carry out Recording Secretary duties, including meeting minutes for the Board and Committees as needed.
- Record and manage all minutes and other duties in compliance with MJM Bylaws.
Provide HR administrative support
- Serve as primary point of contact for MJM, HR and PayChex
- Process employee expense reports / monthly time sheets / PTO requests
- Keep staff informed of key HR updates and deadlines
- Use PayChex for onboarding of new hires and managing payroll
Qualifications and Qualities
The Office Administrator must be a follower of Jesus Christ. He/she must also be committed to growing as a nonprofit leader, learner, teacher, and coach. In addition, the following qualifications are needed for this role:
- Agreement with the MJM statement of faith, values, and core beliefs
- Outstanding writing, grammar and communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Windows and Office 365, Constant Contact, Web browsing
- Self-initiated critical thinking skills, with the ability to continually evaluate and offer solutions to inefficiencies within administration.
- Strong discernment and ability to identify, manage and solve problems as they arise.
- Flexibility, humility, resilience, honesty, integrity and accountability.
- Experience with QuickBooks preferrable
- Administrative Assistant experience preferred
At 30-40 hours a week benefits include health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays.
The Office Administrator is expected to work between 30 to 40 hours per week as agreed upon. The job is predominantly office-based and by necessity, most hours are during core office hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm. Periodic evening events will be necessary. The employee will need to be able to periodically lift 25-pound objects.