Mount Jubilee Ministries
Mount Jubilee Ministries is a Christ-centered organization working with those with intellectual and physical disabilities, helping them discover their God-given abilities. We offer encouragement and support to parents and caregivers on an ongoing basis.
Mount Jubilee Ministries was established in 2005 in response to a defined interest to provide a residential summer camp for youth within the special needs population in the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina. Due to the passionate commitment of the core group of faith-based founders, Camp Jubilee hosted its first week of camp in the summer of 2005 with five campers and six volunteers. Over the following years, approximately one hundred Special Friends, ranging in ages from 10 to 44, have participated in this exceptional summer camp experience.
MJM’s core belief is that ALL people, regardless of their ability, have a God ordained purpose and call for their lives. It is the conviction of the ministry that these Special Friends must have the opportunity to participate as members of society, without exception, to the fullest of their abilities. As the ministry has grown older, so have our friends. It has now become the purpose of MJM to partner with this special population by offering more than just a summer camp. It is our focus to begin expanding our program opportunities to include day programming, volunteer opportunities and respite care. The long range vision of MJM is a sustainable residential community for Special Friends.
Mount Jubilee Ministries is happy to announce that Camp Jubilee will begin on Sunday August 5,2018. We are thrilled to be returning to The Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Educational Center in Reidsville again next summer, as it has proven to be an excellent venue for camp. Registration for Camp Jubilee will open in March 2018 and we encourage all our veteran campers to be prepared to submit your applications. This event is becoming more popular each year and we are anticipating a full camp next summer. Plan now to get your application in early.
Church Leaders and Parents: Keep in mind counseling at Camp Jubilee is an opportunity for a great mission trip for your youth group or teenage children in our own backyard. Please contact Programs Director David Cullen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this great opportunity.
Touch Point Seminars
Sharing with each other is another very important part of the seminar time. Simultaneously, the campers and siblings enjoy a time of activity including a Bible lesson, singing, crafts and games that are conducted by Jubilee staff. This gives the parents and new Special Friends an opportunity to get acquainted with Jubilee personnel.
We are always open to ideas for upcoming workshops. If you know of someone who might be able to speak and share some information at one of our upcoming workshops, please contact us!
The following information has been provided by a number of resources and are not supported by Mount Jubilee Ministries but may be used as resources for families with children and adults with special needs. We hope that you find this information helpful!
North Carolina Family Health Resource Line: 1-800-367-2229 NC Family Health Resource Line answers questions on health related issues for persons up to twenty years old.
First in Families of North Carolina: http://www.fifnc.org The goal of First In Families of North Carolina is to support people with developmental disabilities and their families to create the lives they want now and in the future
The Arc of North Carolina: http://www.arcnc.org The Arc of North Carolina is committed to securing for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the opportunity to choose and realize their goals of where and how they learn, live, work, and play.
The Council for Exceptional Children: http://www.cec.sped.org The CEC is an organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides continual professional development, advocates for newly and historically underserved individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
ECAC (Exception Children’s Assistance Center): http://www.ecac-parentcenter.org ECAC is a full service Parent Training & Information Center serving families in North Carolina with more than 25 full and part-time staff and offices throughout NC. All services are provided at no charge to parents and families.
Family Support Network: http://www.fsnnc.org Family Support Network of North Carolina promotes and provides support for families with children who have special needs.
Mobility, Repair and Rental Center www.mobility-repair-rental.com Offering accessories, appraisals, batteries, home accessibility consultations, mobility equipment, modifications, referrals, repair service, replacement parts, re-programming service, short term rentals, specialty trailers, toilet lifts, and wheelchair lifts for vehicles.
Our Board Members
What We Believe
The following Biblical truths shape the foundation for the teaching and operation of Mount Jubilee Ministries. All who take an active role in the ministry are expected to agree with and uphold them.
1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, inerrant in its original manuscripts and the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16 & 17)
2. There is one God, eternally co-existing in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (I Peter 1:2)
3. The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and became fully man. Through His virgin birth, by His death and resurrection, the Lord Jesus Christ made salvation a free gift to all who receive Him. (John 3:16 & 36; Ephesians 2:8 & 9)
4. Each member of the human race is created in the image of God, but falls short of God’s glorious standard, sinful and lost. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of each individual. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:10-30)
5. God created and maintains all things by His sovereign power. (Colossians 1:15-17)
6. The Church of our Lord Jesus Christ is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. True believers have assurance of eternal life and the power of the Holy Spirit to live righteous lives. (John 10: 27-29; Galatians 5:16-18)
7. The blessed hope of the Church is the personal and imminent return of the Lord: the saved to enjoy eternal bliss and the unsaved to experience eternal and conscious punishment. (Revelation 20:11-15)